Saturday, May 31, 2014

Skin Care Tips to help Acne and or Breakouts

Skincare is very important and as if you've read my blog before you know that I am obsessed with with it. I want to know everything involved with it and I want to be able to help anyone and everyone that comes to me with questions. One question I usually get is how I treat my skin and what do I do to keep it looking flawless. I don't have full out acne but I do have occasional breakouts usually on my jawline not sure why but I do. I have different things but generally I try to do the following:

I try to not use products that will overdry my skin. I've noticed that any time you try to treat acne or blemishes the products that are designed to treat them are very drying. I have oily skin and I've noticed that some products are over drying which isn't good for your skin either. I try to get products with aloe and cucumber which are natural moisturisers. One of the cleansers that I love is Clean & Clear Advantage Daily Soothing Acne Wash which is really hydrating but helps clean blemishes. 


Another tip I can give you is to make sure you moisturize your skin. I know me saying this is kind of weird since I have oily skin but honestly you need to make sure you are moisturizing your skin day and night. Now a days there are all different kinds of moisturizers available to treat different types of skin. For someone with acne or blemishes, you should really be looking at oil free products. You don't want to add more oil but you do want to make sure that you add moisture which is different. I've said this before but just because you have oily skin,it doesn't mean that you don't need to moisturize your skin. You need to make sure that you are always moisturizing your skin because eventually adding moisture will trick your skin that it doesn't produce oil. Over time your skin will be less oily.

Third tip that you can use is to always make sure that the products that you use have salicylic acid in it. This will help treat your skin while you actually aren't treating it. So yes, there are your spot treatments that you can use and those will be great to use but what about when you have your makeup on and want to also have something that can treat your skin. Well there are a lot of makeup products such as concealers and foundations that have salicylic acid in it. Neutrogena has a lot of different products from a drugstore standpoint and then Clinique also has those types of products available in their makeup lines for a more luxury standpoint.  

Another tip which I think is 100% common sense but it is just easier said than done is to not pick at your face. This is definitely something you hear all the time but it is something that many of us still do even though we know its not good. Picking at a blemish irritates it and just makes it worse. This is prolong the healing process and it will just make it a mess on your face so best tip I can give you is to do not do it.

My final tip that I can say is if your blemishes are too hard to treat on your own, you should go to a dermatologist so that you know what type of blemishes you are dealing with. Before you can treat anything you need to know what it is. This is something that I recommend to those people who have been trying to clear their skin with no results. You want to make sure that you know what you have before you can treat it because you might have been irritating it. 

These are some tips that you can use to help on your path to clearer skin. These little things have helped me and I suggest that you try them too. Let me know if there are some tips that you use? any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment