Thursday, May 8, 2014

Clean & Clear Advantage Daily Soothing Acne Wash, Oil-Free

If you've been following my blog posts you know that lately I've been complaining about how my face has broke out recently. Not sure what the reason was exactly but it can be one of many things. The weather is changing, hormones, stress, eating habits are all different factors that can cause your skin to break out. I've been all of the above. So when my face started to break out, I wasn't surprised. I already knew what I needed to do. I changed my skincare routine a bit to fit in more of acne fighting regimen. 


Since I have a lot of different skincare products, I don't always go through the whole bottle before acquiring something different. I also try to give my skin a break from the same thing since after a while a specific routine usually becomes ineffective for me. So once something happens to my skin, I start looking through my stash and I came across this Clean & Clear Advantage Daily Soothing Acne Wash. I decided to give it a whirl. Honestly, I forgot how good this cleanser was. It isn't drying at all. Thats the main thing that I have to say I like about this cleanser. It dispenses in a foam way and it doesn't feel like it is over-drying your skin. Actually, once you wash the soap off your face, your skin feels really smooth. It really does sooth your skin per the claims. This cleanser has salicylic acid in it so it is a really strong acne but since it also has aloe and avocado, it's really soothing to your skin and won't over-dry it while clearing your blemishes. 

Since I don't have acne per say I guess some of you might be thinking, why don't I just use
an acne spot treatment? Okay so I wanted to give you my rundown of spot treatments-- they don't work! I honestly have never found an acne treatment that works the way it claims. I've used the Kate Somerville drying lotion which is that pink milking cream liquid that looks like calamine lotion and people say that they put this on a blemish and overnight it goes away. I used this for about a week on a blemish and I felt like this stuff made the blemish stick around longer. It definitely didn't clear the blemish any faster than if I didn't use anything at all. I've used other drugstore brands and I have the same thing happen. None of them really clear up the blemish any quicker than if I didn't use anything at all. Its like I use them to make myself feel better and make me feel like I am proactively taking care of the blemish but its not really doing anything. This is why I usually opt for the cleanser which covers my whole face also masks. I am a huge fan of clay masks. I think they are the best for oily skin and for me they are the most effective treatment to blemishes.

This cleanser retails for $7.99 so its a great deal. I honestly have had it for about 3 months since I don't really use it all the time. I still have a lot left and after another 2 or 3 weeks I will probably go ahead and store it in my stash again. 

Do you have any tricks or tips that you use to clear that pesky blemish? Let me know! I would love to try new things.


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment