Friday, May 9, 2014

Top 5 Lips Products

So if you are a Twitter user or a Youtuber you will notice that there are tags that go around. Like #Top10Thingsabtyou or things like that. Lately one of the tags that has been going around is Lip Product addict. I am a total lipstick addict. I have dozens of different colors and different products. For me, I love to plan my makeup around my lipsticks. I usually try to go for something bold since I love having a really bold lip in the Spring or in the Winter then for Summer and Fall, I like to go a bit more sheer. I can review my top 5 lip products. In no particular order here are my faves.



First favorite lip balms is the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm. I use this balm every single night and every night. This product is like a super chapstick. Its comes in a little pot so you definitely have to use your finger to apply. When you apply it has a matte finish which is different and you think wouldn't hydrate but I find it very hydrating. It has a thick consistency and it smells like honey which is very faint. You barely smell it once you apply it to your lips. It retails for about $18 and you can find it in drugstores. 


Second favorite lippies are the Nars Crayons. I love lipstick in a crayon form. I think they are easier to apply and they just look cooler. +NARS Cosmetics has different finishes but my favorite is the velvet finish which is a nice matte color. I have a couple of them and I love the color Sex Machine since its a nice nude everyday color which is very easy to wear. You can first line your lip with the pencil and then fill it in. Its more like an all in one lip product. I love the array of different colors they have. I definitely need to get more of these since I am in love with the few that I have. They retail for about $25 and you can find them in +Sephora or anywhere they sell Nars products. 


Third favorite lipstick is the LimeCrime Velvetines. These lipsticks come in a lip gloss packaging. They aren't very mainstream as they cannot be found in stores. I bought mine in IMATS NYC but you can also purchase online. I honestly didn't know what to think about these matte lipsticks and I bought the pink velvet one and OMG my life has changed. I need every color and I need backups. This is my signature color in life and this is what matte lipstick should look like. When you put the lipstick on it goes on first as liquid and then you just have to make sure that it dries and then you don't feel like you have anything on your lips. These retail for about $20 and can be found online on limecrime.com or Urban Outfitters online page.

Forth favorite lipstick is MAC Heroine. This lipstick was limited edition and now its released into the mainstream again and I believe is now a permanent color. Its a matte finish and its purple. I love purple lipstick! When its done well, it looks amazing! This color is so pigmented that you can pat it on your lips for just a hint of color or you can apply it heavy and get that full purple look. Also, I change it up by adding a pink lip liner and this makes it more of a purple pink and its just overall a gorgeous lipstick. If you don't have it and you are looking for a daring bold lip, I recommend this one. It retails for $16 and you can find it in any MAC store or major department store. Unfortunately you cannot find it in Sephora.


Fifth and final favorite lip product is the ELF Lip Scrub. This is a lip balm in form of a lipstick and it has scrubbing sand in it so that as you apply it, you exfoliate your lips. This is probably the best invention ever! Best thing is that the scrubbing sand is like sugar so it tastes really good. It makes your lips really soft and for $3 its probably the best lip exfoliator/scrub thats on the market. You can find this in Target or anywhere you can find ELF products. I bought mine on their website.

I hope you like my top lipsticks. These are definitely in no particular order but if I had to say from these what's my to die for product? Its probably the LimeCrime Velvetine in Pink Velvet and a close second is the Nuxe Reve de Miel. Do you have any to die for lip products? Let me know!

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment