Thursday, May 22, 2014

Covergirl Ready Set Be Gorgeous Concealer

If you read my blog from yesterday, you know that I really fell in love with the new Covergirl foundation. I kept thinking about the rest of the collection once I went home and tried the foundation and was thinking I needed to try the rest of the products. I decided to go back and get the concealer. I saw that it was also flawless coverage. It is a tube sponge stick applicator sort of like a lipgloss. It also had promises of long lasting coverage that wouldn't fade during the day. My intention for buying this concealer would be just for my under eyes. I usually don't get a lot of breakouts so I really don't need a lot of face concealer. I really just want my concealer to cover my dark circles and brighten the area. I decided to go about two shades lighter so that I can achieve the brightening look. I really had high hopes for this concealer. I don't understand what happened but when I put this on, it disappeared. It brightened a little bit but the coverage wasn't anything like I expected. It didn't cover my dark circles which for me is a necessity. 

I do realize that most concealers are going to eventually crease on me but I shouldn't have to worry about the dark circles coming through. I went ahead and gave it another go but this time I actually layered on another concealer just to make sure that the coverage that I like is there. I don't think this concealer would be good for anyone, considering that people use concealer to actual conceal blemishes, dark circles or any other things they do not want people to see. This definitely isn't the concealer for you if thats what you had in mind. I don't recommend it. It retails for about $7 or 8 but either way it can retail for $1 and its still not worth it.

Have you bought any drugstore products lately that have been a total bust? Let me know!


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment