Friday, May 23, 2014

Julie G Neon Nail Polish


Summer is coming and NYC is finally getting warmer weather!!! This means that its time to use bolder and brighter anything. I love to add color to everything I wear and makeup and everything. For me the easiest is definitely my makeup and my nails. Usually when I start seeing the sun come out, I usually start diving into my NEON nail polish collections. This means that everything is bright and highlighter-like colors. I have a dozen of different colors and they are all gorgeous! One brand that my Twitter Biffie +Nicole YoungWildandPolished has been raving about is the Julie G brand. Not sure if you noticed but a lot of different brands have been coming out with neons this summer season as the new 'thing' on trend. A lot of brands have already done the neon thing and +Julie G is definitely one of them. Two of the colors that I love is Oh Emm Gee and Fierce & Fab. These are the types of colors I always gravitate to. They are a neon pink and a neon purple. Now these are true neons. You definitely do not need a white basecoat for them to be neon. Personally I like the neons with a white basecoat because it gives the polish a base that lets it pop. The colors are more vibrant. The same way with bright eyeshadows you put a white base just so that the colors look more pigmented, this has the same theory. 




The Oh Emm Gee color is the neon pink and its just gorgeous. The the formula is great on this polish and it does have a matte finish like most neons. Not sure why that is. I like the color and at first I applied it without a white base so I went ahead and took that off and then added the white base. I personally like the color better with the white because it matches the color in the bottle better when it has a white base. But this is not one color that you definitely NEED it, I just prefer it. 




The Fierce and Fab looks like a complete dupe for Dream On from +Sinful Colors. Sinful are $2 and Julie G retail for $4 so I would gravitate towards the cheaper one since the both of them are pretty exact. The formula are the same and the colors are exact. They both have a matte finish and I prefer both of them with a white basecoat. Again these aren't colors that you NEED it but I prefer it since it really makes the nail color pop.

Now if you are looking for a brand that their neons require absolutely nothing except a base and top coat-- I 100% recommend +chinaglazeofficial nail color. These are the best NEONs of any brand. My one thing is that it chips the next day. Flip Flop Fantasy legit chips on me overnight. Its the best color and the worst color ever!  

Do you have a favorite NEON polish? I need to know! I am obsessed with neons! 

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment