Monday, May 12, 2014

CHI Silk Infusion Review

After a whole lot of skincare and makeup reviews I like to move into some haircare products. If anyone knows me personally, they know I am very anal about my hair. I try to get it cut every 13 weeks per what I've read in articles. I usually just get half an inch taken off because if you do more that that, your hair doesn't really grow since you'd be cutting off the actual growth. I am very simple with my hair meaning I've had a classic look for a long time. I might dabble with some hair color but nothing really with the cut of my hair. I like it long, a little bit of layers and then the shortest layer would be my "bangs" that have to be long enough to go behind my ears.

I take a shower and wash my hair probably every other day or every 2 days. My hair is greasy so I usually have to wash it if I want to wear it down but I can put it up if I wanted to not wash it one night. Being that my hair is greasy, I do not like putting product in it. I only put conditioner on the ends because of this. Sometimes when I feel my hair is a bit stringy I use the CHI Silk Infusion which is a serum for your hair. It is suppose to protect your hair from the heat of irons and blow dryers. Since I usually just blow dry my hair, I usually use this when I want to go out that night and I need my hair to blow dry nicer than usual. It doesn't make my hair greasy that night but after using this, I usually have to wash my hair the next day. This is whenever I use anything other than shampoo and conditioner in my hair. I do like this product because it does cut the frizz and it helps when blow drying my hair, I don't have to spend that much time blow drying it since this usually gets my hair just right.

This silk infusion has silk molecules that grab on to your hair and it protects your hair from heat which over time is going to give you shinier hair and less damaged hair. It not only protects your hair from future damage but it also reverses the damage that you've already done to it. It has natural pure silk, whey and soy protein which are all good for your hair and this is really why I use this. My hair isn't that frizzy and I have naturally straight hair but this stuff really helps bring out that shine and it conditions it especially if I use a flat iron or a curling iron. This usually retails for $25 for the 6oz bottle but I've had the smaller bottle that I got in Marshalls years ago and I still haven't gone through the whole bottle yet. You use very little bit at a given time. All you have to do is wash your hair and then after you towel dry your hair you can use a dime size amount and I usually concentrate on the ends and not too much on the roots since my hair is oily. 

I recommend this for people that have curlier hair or just hair that is harder to manage and you will see that when you blow dry your hair this stuff will really make a difference for you! 

Do you have something that you use and love? Let me know I am very interested in hearing about new hair products. This one is an oldie but its definitely a cult favorite and a must buy to anyone who applies heat to their hair on a daily or even weekly basis.

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment