Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Drugstore Finds April Edition

I figured since I am always speaking about things from the drugstore I would start a monthly drugstore finds blog post. I know I am a bit late on the April month but its just that April went by so fast! Every month I will write about things that I've gotten from the drugstore and loved or didn't love. Even though these products are primarily in drugstores, you can also purchase them in stores like Ulta or Amazon. I figured I'd just got out and say that before I got started.

One of the things that I love from the drugstore this month is the +COVERGIRL  Clean Whipped Creme Foundation. This foundation is surprisingly really good. Its whipped so its really light and doesn't go on cakey at all. It has really good coverage too. Not sure why I am so surprised about +COVERGIRL  foundation in general. I really thought maybe it was because I always thought CoverGirl is more for children or teenagers but honestly for my aging skin, this one is definitely a good buy. I do like to pair it with my Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer so that I don't shine that much but its still good. It retails for $5 so this a steal. I use the shade Medium Beige for those who were wondering. 



The next product is that I swear by is the +NYX Cosmetics Matte Finish Setting Spray. Now you know I have oily skin. So I usually have to use a setting spray so that my makeup doesn't sweat off before I even get to work. I like the Urban Decay All Nighter but since I use the setting spray every day, I needed to opt for a dupe or a cheaper option. I tried the one from +e.l.f. Cosmetics and it was okay but I do like the NYX matte finish setting spray better. My only complaint is that I need to put it in another bottle since the spray on the original bottle is too much. You are practically drenched if you use the bottle it comes in. It retails for $8 instead of the $30 from the Urban Decay All Nighter. 


The next product is a skincare product. Its the Queen Helene Masque Mint Julep. Yes, this
product is about 20 years old and it retails for $3.99. This mask is great! I use it on a weekly basis and I cannot say better things about this mask. The minute you put it on, you feel that it is removing all of the gunk you have on your face. The smell is mint so while it smells good you feel a cooling sensation on your face. This is the sensation that i love because it feels like its actually doing something. If you see this mask in your drugstore pick it up. I know a lot of people pass it up because it looks old school and also since its $3.99 a lot of people associate the low price with how it would work but its really good so I definitely recommend it.


The next products that I am loving right now is Boots No7 Pamper Dry Oil Body Spray. In Duane Reades here in NYC, you can get this brand Boots No7, I don't think this brand is available in all +Duane Reade stores but if you able to find it, I would definitely pick it up. Its a body oil, I know for all of my readers that live in Puerto Rico-- this oil is amazing! It isn't like putting on sun tanning lotion or anything. You just spray it on after you get out of the shower and it sinks into your skin right away. It has a smell to it that is just intoxicating. I even put this on my hands after I finish my nails so that my cuticles get nice and hydrated. This is also really good on your legs after you shave. This makes your skin look glowy and hydrated. It retails for $8.99 and like I said, you can get it in +Duane Reade or you can also get it in Drugstore.com.

My final product is a lipstick which is the +rimmellondon Airy Fairy lipstick. It is a nice
nude pink color. Its an everyday color that has a great formula. It feels really moisturizing and it is light like a gloss but the pigmentation is enough that you don't have to reapply every time you drink something or eat something. I love this color and I always carry it around just in case I am stuck without the lipstick that I put on in the morning. Its always a backup or most of the time just my everyday work color when I don't want to wear that bright bold matte pink lip that is little by little becoming my signature color. This lipstick retails for about $6 and the tube that I have now is probably the 5th one I've gone through already. 

These are my April drugstore finds. Some of these things aren't new but I had recently purchased or repurchased this month and were using them the most this month. I love drugstore finds so if you have drugstore favorites, let me know because I always love hearing about new drugstore products so I can run out and go try them!!

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment