Sunday, May 25, 2014

Nippon Kodo Deitanseki Facial Soap Bar Review

If you follow my Facebook page you probably saw that I recently went on a Urban Outfitters haul. I went out for dinner with one of my greatest group of friends here in NYC and while at the dinner we brought up my beauty blog and one of my closest friends +Carrie L. said she wanted to go to Urban Outfitters and then Sephora. I was all for going with her and it was great. The night was really gorgeous to walk in the city and we caught up while walking. I was super excited to go to +Urban Outfitters because they have a great selection of many things but one of the things that they have is a variety of foreign beauty products. One of the best things about living in NYC is that you have amazing variety of different things at your finger tips.

A couple of weeks back I went there and picked up Panda Dream eye cream and I was super happy that I did since it really works. I've been using it ever since. I figured I'd go back and get some for my Mom since I spoke about it to her and she was jealous. Once I was there I was strong armed into buying other things, obviously. Carrie showed me this bar of soap. It was black and I immediately said I needed it without knowing what it was. Most of the lettering was in Japanese so I really couldn't understand it but I still wanted it. This soap is something else. I got home that night and wanted to use it. I removed the plastic and a really strong odor came from it-- sort of like menthol. This soap is enriched with Koalin clay and carbon powder which I think was that menthol smell. Now that I have wet it and have used it for about a week the smell has gone. This soap is definitely not for people with sensitive skin-- I don't think. I feel its a bit harsh since it really makes my skin tingle after and I really feel that my skin is really getting clean because my skin feels really tight after using. I've put on my night time retinol and that stung a bit which isn't a bad thing since retinol is so strong I didn't think it was an issue. The good thing about this soap is that it has Bentonite which moisturizes your skin and it leaves it feeling fresh and hydrated.

I raved to Carrie about this soap because if she didn't show it to me I probably would have passed right by it. I do see my skin looking clearer and just more radiant. This soap retails for $10 and you can find it at Urban Outfitters in store or online. $10 for a bar of soap isn't that much since its a huge bar of soap and since you use it on your face, I can easily see it lasting about 6+ months. If you need a new soap I totally recommend this one and trust me you won't be disappointed.

Do you have anything that you've just stumbled upon and were really happy your purchased? Please let me know in the comments below.


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment