Saturday, May 10, 2014

Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara

I recently got makeup organizers for my vanity so everything that I have is nicely
organized. Easy to access and since everything isn't on top of each other I am able to find things easier. This helps me rediscover makeup that I have that I forgot about. I recently started using other mascaras just to say I use all 10 of the ones I currently own. I had received a Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant mascara I think as a birthday gift from +Sephora and I saw the wand and it was a bit intimidating. It is shaped as a 'v' so its very pointy at the end and then very fat at the other side closest to the wand. The brush was something that I've never seen before and it was a bit intimidating. I always heard good things about the Make Up For Ever brand so I was happy to get this as a gift to try it. 


This mascara is suppose to add volume, length and curl your lashes. This is a bold claim for a mascara. I've been using it for about a week now and I thought it would have been a different experience. The formula isn't bad. I hate trying new mascaras because the product is just everywhere. I hate to have so much gunk on my wand that it just makes my eyelashes clump up and it just turns into a huge mess. I usually have to go in with a eye lashes separator and clean it up and then clean my eye lid. Its just a mess over all. This mascara didn't have that which was amazing but I did feel that I didn't get enough product or maybe the brush was too hard and didn't really separate my lashes as much as I wanted. The angled brush was a bit weird in applying. Also I am right handed and usually just apply mascara with the same hand but this one since it has a specific angle to the brush, it was like you had to use the specific hand for the specific eye and honestly I don't have time for that. It didn't do anything that it claimed to do. It simply just put product on my eyelashes. I needed to curl them, separate them and it didn't add more length that what I already have. It wasn't too bad but its definitely not a mascara that I would purchase and rave about like its the best thing since sliced bread. I think I've fallen in love with other mascaras that are drugstore purchases. This mascara retails for $24 and you can find it in +Sephora. For that price, I definitely do not recommend it, unless you are a person that likes wasting your money. 

Do you have any mascaras that you had high hopes for and were disappointed? Let me know! I'd love to hear what to stay away from!!! 


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment