Friday, April 4, 2014

Tarte Discover the Amazon Trio Review

Makeup chat! It was recently my birthday and I had received a gift from my dear friend +Madeline Mulero. She had gotten me the +tarte cosmetics  Discover the Amazon Trio. This kit comes with the Amazonian Clay 12-hour full coverage foundation, the Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart mascara in Black and the Pure Maracuja oil rollerball which makes it super easy to apply anywhere. It also comes with this make up pouch which is just gorgeous! 

These products are made with the amazonian clay that +tarte cosmetics  has been using for a lot of their products lately. The maracuja oil is one of their best sellers. Its good to put on your face as a serum at night and morning. Since the oil has a high dose of essential fatty acids and Vitamin C it will help moisturize, brighten and firm your skin. The maracuja oil is a rollerball fashion which is so much easier to apply than the dropper bottles. I can apply it directly onto my face and cuticles and get all the benefits like firming, brightening and giving me overall healthier skin. I am at an age that I want to start preserving what I have and not get more wrinkles. A lot of people don't realize that all these anti-aging products slow down the aging process or help preserve the process. You can't really turn back time. Once you get to that point, its a little too late. So that's why I definitely want to tackle my wrinkles now better than later and this product is great, even with my oily skin. Another thing people don't quite understand is that having oily skin doesn't mean you can't use beauty oils. When using beauty oils with oily skin, it basically makes the skin believe that you already have produced enough oil and it will actually stop the oil production. I usually only put this on at night but you can put it on in the morning as well. I would definitely recommend you to start adding a beauty oil to your nighttime skin regimen. 

This maracuja oil is perfect when matched with the Amazonian clay 12-hr full coverage foundation. I usually do not like full coverage foundation but this one is definitely buildable along with the reverse, meaning, you can put on a little while mixing with a tinted moisturizer or a primer and it will turn into medium/light coverage and not so heavy. You can mix the Tarte BB cream with this which creates a great light/medium coverage while keeping all the Amazonian clay benefits. Its very versatile which is why I love it. It leaves my skin with a healthy looking complexion and not caked on make up like a lot of full coverage foundations. Being that the foundation is full coverage it is great for those days that you just want a little bit more coverage for maybe something at night or maybe a special occasion. Surprisingly this is the only full coverage foundation I own. I prefer the medium to light coverage but I love Tarte makeup so I figured I'd love this as well. As expected, I did. I  use it daily when I mix it with a illuminator or a highlighter for more of a dewy finish. It does last the whole 12-hrs as expected from Tarte products. 

Once you've applied the foundation and the oil, its nice to just finish off the look with a nice mascara for a no makeup type look. This gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara is just that -- Gifted. This is the best mascara that I've tried out in a while. The brush mimics the one of Lights Camera Lashes by +tarte cosmetics. The mascara goes on effortlessly. A lot of new mascara has eat too much product and gets clumpy but this mascara didn't have that effect at all. It glided on my lashes and made them very volumous and fairly longer. For me length isn't really a wish list for my mascara because my lashes are very long on their own so I rather go for the volume and thickness of lashes. This mascara definitely does that. The color I received was black and boy is this a black mascara. It doesn't flake which I hate when mascara do because I got LASIK about a year ago and I am very careful with my eyes now more than ever. I read reviews about how this mascara didn't last all day, personally I've never had a mascara (inexpensive or expensive brands) ever wear out during the day. At night it is always a pain removing my mascara so not sure what they do to their eyes but just to note, this mascara does stay on all day and night until I take makeup remover to get it off my lashes.

Overall, I love this kit and that I have dear friends that know me well enough to get me gifts like this, even though it came from my wish list from +Sephora. I definitely would purchase a three products again. This was a gift but it is available at Sephora and it retails for $35.

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social outlets InstagramTwitter, Facebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment