Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sheet Masks-- Face Edition

This past weekend I went into the city to meet up with my bestie +Valerie Suarez and we first went to Sephora which was so much fun. We went through the whole store, tried on different things, looked through different products. Valerie got her skin matched by that Skin IQ thing that +Sephora has so that it will pick up all the Foundations that Sephora has in store for you to buy. I think its great if you are one of those people that are really scared of getting something too light or too dark. If you aren't always sure of what color you should be using, I would say this is definitely something for you. This is a free service too. I believe that not all Sephora's have this but I would just call your local Sephora and ask to see if they have the SkinIQ machine that tells you your skintone.

After that fun time in Sephora we went to get our eyebrows threaded which is always fun. It isn't as painful as you think. I recommend it if you need something quick and flawless. This doesn't leave you red so if you get irritated with wax, this is a great alternative. We then went on to TJ Maxx. I was all for it because the TJ Maxx on 16th street in Manhattan is great for beauty products. I immediately went to that section. I wanted everything. I picked up about 6 different masks. From sheet masks, to mud masks, to under eye masks. I wanted it all. Valerie told me I needed to get myself under control so I picked everything up and then sorted through the ones I didn't want. They were so cheap. The masks were about $4 & $5 which is a steal. 


I am going to have a Facial edition and an Eye edition since I bought too many and it would made this blog super long. Today we are going to talk about the face masks. I'm picking them at random so the first one I chose was Forever Luminous Hydrating Facial Wrap Volcanic Ash + CoQ10. This mask is suppose to help moisturize and renew your skin. The CoQ10 is an anti-oxident and that is the anti-aging component. So you can use this mask both cold and hot. For the cool one, I personally put it in the refrigerator just so that it can get cooler and that will help with any puffiness that I could get. If you want a warm treatment you can throw the individual foil package and dunk it in warm water so that the mask can heat up. Do not put the package in the microwave!! So after you choose what method you want to use, all you do is take the mask out of the package and then put the mask on your face. You wear it for 20 mins and then you can peel it off. I used it and I have to say that I love how soft my face came out after. I put it on for about 30-40 mins because I was taking a nap and fell asleep for a bit longer than I hoped for.

The next mask I got is FY Face Wraps Cucumber & Aloe. This is another 20 minute mask. Its suppose to be soothing and refreshing hence the cucumber and aloe. The cucumber has high levels of hydrogen so this is where the soothing components. The powerful cleansers help sooth the skin and will give you a healthy glow. The aloe vera in the mask will hydrate your skin. If your skin is irritated for whatever reason, aloe vera is really good to put on your skin. Again as the prior mask, you can use this cold or warm with the same instructions as above. I used this one cold and I since I had gotten threading over the weekend, my skin was a bit irritated so this one worked like a charm. 

The last mask I am going to talk about is the Beauty Concepts Clear as Mud Purifying Mud Masks. This mask is suppose to detoxify the skin and minimize your pores, refine texture, balance oils and smooth and refresh your skin. The mud masks come in their own pods and honestly can be used for 2 applications. The first time I used it, I made the mistake with taking it all out and putting it on my skin until I realized I had enough to put on my face, neck and chest. The next time I use it, I will preserve it for 2 uses. But yes all you have to do is spread it on your skin and wait for about 15 minutes. I always wait longer than intended but when I removed it, my skin did look detoxed. I don't know how to explain it but my skin was definitely brighter and prettier after this mask. 

So that is the final review on the face masks that I got and I was happy that I purchased. They all were about $5-6 and they really work. I will follow up with the second portion of these masks and talk more about the eyes. 

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment