Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Beauty Blender Review

I wanted to review the beauty blender so that you guys can get a personal opinion on this sponge craze and why everyone is just going nuts about it. It's definitely turning into a cult favorite so of you were thinking about getting it but still unsettled about the price, this blog is for you.

The original egg shaped sponge is called The Beauty Blender and originally they only came in hot pink but now they added white and black to the mix. Now I know you have probably seen a lot of different knockoffs in other colors or other brands. I usually find them either in the drugstore or in Marshalls/TJMaxx. I personally don't recommend those because for me at least, they didn't work as good as the original one. 

The beauty blender is supposed to be used wet, I know it sounds weird. The packaging says it's suppose to give you a flawless finish when you apply your makeup with the Beauty Blender. I use my beauty blender for everything from foundation to concealer to cream blushes. The packaging says you can use it for everything, even eyeshadows or powder application. Usually, what I do is wet my beauty blender until you see it double in size. It will have a softer feel to it when it's wet. Then I dry it a bit with my blow dryer just because I don't want it to be so wet that my face has to be air dried. I then take my foundation apply it to my face directly and then blot it, using the bigger end of the egg shaped beauty blender while bouncing it on my skin to ensure even coverage. I keep doing this until my foundation is fully blender into my skin, I them move onto my concealer and for this I use the smaller end because it's easier to get into the inner eye area with that end. This helps me dab the concealer without taking too much of the product off and having to reapply to the areas where I need brightening. This blender is able to glide the makeup into your skin to avoid those streak marks that you sometimes get from brushes. After I do my foundation and concealer, when I use cream blush, I do go in with the beauty blender to make sure that application is flawless. There is nothing worse than putting on a whole face of makeup and then having some weird application to the blush that is just all messed up. Its either uneven, or blotchy and just not pretty at all. This blush makes the application more even. This beauty blender is also good to use if you mess up and use too much blush or too much foundation, this can be used to remove the excess and make sure that the application is even and you don't have anything crazy on your face. 

I use this on a daily basis so I clean it with the Beautycleaner solid cleaner. Its their bar soap which is much better than their liquid soap. I don't think the liquid soap works at all. I don't think they should keep selling it. I wouldn't recommend anything other than their cleanser to clean the beauty blender. I do think you should clean it after every use. This will help you stretch your beauty blender longer before you have to repurchase. I've had mine for about 3 months now and it still looks like new. This sponge retails for $20 on +Sephora but I have seen it cheaper on other websites and if you have a coupon, you can get it for even cheaper. 


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment