Monday, April 7, 2014

Tarte CC Primer Stick Review

As you know if you've been reading, Tarte is really one of my favorite makeup brands. They came out with a CC primer stick a couple of months ago and I was all on it. I always love a good primer and that has colors to correct my pigmentation? I'm in! I went to the my local +Sephora and started swatching because normally I would go straight for the medium and be done with it but after reading reviews I saw that they were on the darker side. I went back and forth between the light and medium and since the girls that work there went on the mood to actually work so I had to just go on my own opinion. I went with the medium, went home and put it on and didn't see it being that dark but after a while u did realize that it was a tad too dark. I went back returned it for the light. I am definitely comfortable with the light on this one. This isn't very pigmented to begin with so I wasn't that worried.

So when you look at the primer you will see that there are four triangles-- two are the actual light color and one is green and one is purple. The green one is to balance off the redness on your skin and the purple if to help out the discolorations while brightening the dullness. This goes on smoothly when you put it directly on your face. The instructions say to apply directly on your skin on your T-zone, cheeks and chin. This allows the product to evenly go on your skin and you can blend it with your fingers. I recommend your fingers and not a beauty sponge or brush because since the coverage is so light, this helps the product stay on your face and not rub off on the sponge or brush applicator. Once this is on your skin you automatically feel that it feels very soft on your skin. This gives you a light light coverage. I can probably just go out with this and concealer but I prefer more coverage for work. Since this is made with the famous amazonian clay that Tarte is all about now, this is also good for your skin. You will see your skin brighten up and more hydrated after using this product for an extended amount of time. 

Once you've applied this, you will notice that your foundation goes on so much easier. It glides on and it gives you an overall smoother look. I love this and since it has the light coverage, this is what I use for the weekends. I definitely recommend this primer stick to anyone who loves light coverage and for those who need a color correcting primer, this is it. It retails for $34 and you can buy it at +Sephora+ULTA Beauty, or +tarte cosmetics.


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitter, Facebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment