Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fresh 'Black Tea Instant Perfecting' Mask Review

Back on the skincare kick, today I want to talk about my new favorite mask! Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask. Fresh brand is probably best known for it's lip balms. They are not cheap and honestly, I don't think they are the best but I have bought about 3 of them. I recently received a gift from my dear friend +Madeline Mulero for my birthday which I am reviewing tomorrow so stay tuned. In the +Sephora box, I got a couple of samples which I always love because I usually get to try things that I might have not bought without trying first. I received this in a sample and OMG! I was stoked! The sample you receive can only really be used for 1 application. I went online and looked at the Sephora website to see what this product was suppose to do. This mask is suppose to hydrate, immediately revealing softer, healthier, firming looking skin. Its sort of a lotion look and feel to it, nothing like a clay or peel mask. This mask has black tea ferment but you might know this as Kombucha which has a lot of antioxidants that helps with wrinkles but also helps smooth and enhance luster. Not only does it have black tea ferment but it also is added with lychee seed extract and that helps with the firming and the collagen. 

After reading what it was suppose to do to your skin, I was hooked. I rushed to take off my makeup, went in and washed my face with my +Clarisonic just so my face would be exfoliated completely and the mask can be absorbed completely. I didn't do anything else from my night time skincare routine and went straight to the mask. I opened it up and like I said, it has a lotion feel and texture. The smell isn't my favorite but its not that serious to say that I wouldn't use it ever again. The minute you put it on your skin, you feel a cooling sensation and right away I knew that this was working! You are suppose to leave it on for about 10 minutes, I left it on for 15 or 20 minutes because I am a rebel like that. Since its a lotion type mask, when you go to take it off, its very slimy so I used a washcloth to remove it with luke warm water and my skin still felt cool. My skin was definitely softer and felt smoother and hydrated. Not sure about the wrinkles since I only used it once but I am definitely buying the larger size of this mask. Only downside is that this mask retails for $88 so I am not sure if I will buy it in the next few weeks. I really think thats a bit much for a mask but I will go and see if I can snag more samples from Sephora until I buy it because its really good. 

Do you have a facial mask that you love? Let me know in the comments below, I would love to try them out! 


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitter, Facebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment