Sunday, April 13, 2014

Aspirin Mask

I know you are all probably reading this thinking, what is this girl thinking with aspirin as a mask. I have to day I read a quick article that were talking about home remedy beauty products and I figured I'd give one a try. I've read in the past that if you crush up some aspirin and put it on a pimple it will clear it up right away. I honestly don't ever believe that hype because I've used almost every spot treatment out there and nothing worked. I've used the Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment,Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment etc and nothing has worked. Now I do not get acne per say but I can say that every so often I do break out. It's more of a hormonal thing, during that time of the month. So I saw I was getting that one usual pimple a month and since I has read about this I went ahead and googled aspirin masks and I figured I'd try one. I saw one that was easy and all it is is Aspirin, distilled water and honey if you want to make sure you don't over dry your skin. Honey is really good for your skin either way, I usually just put some honey in my face before I take a shower so that it hydrates it and smooths it. 

I did my mixture, I used store brand aspirin about 8 pills and dissolved it into a little bit of water. You want to make sure that the texture is more paste like that watery. Once that's all dissolved, I add a bit of honey which I use a little not more that needed to make sure that the mixture is easier to spread onto my face. Once it's all mixed up, I take a foundation brush that I use only for mask application and I slather it on. I start at the area where my pimple is and then I just went ahead and did the whole face and neck area avoiding my eyes and mouth, duh! I left it on for about 10 minutes and rinsed it off with a wet wash cloth. I did see my skin was exfoliated but not to the point where it was overly dry. I noticed immediately that the pimple went down. I honestly didn't even where it was and to actually see where it was, I needed to feel for it with my finger. It's been 1 day since I did the mask and the pimple is completely gone. The reason I knew this was going to work was because saw immediate results once I rinsed the mask off. I'm hooked!

I totally recommend this to anyone who wants to have clearer skin or if you want something that is like a spot treatment. Please note: that if you are in any way allergic to aspirin, do not try this mask. This will give you the same allergic reaction as if you were ingesting it.

Do you have any homemade remedies that you use? Or are there some oldie remedies your mom or grandma told you and you swear by still? Let me know I am always up for hearing about new things people are doing.

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment