Thursday, April 10, 2014

Glow by Dr. Brandt Review

Back to skincare!! Oh how I love skincare! Probably my most favorite part of the day. At the end of the day when I get home, I put my sweats on and then I tie my hair back and I use my makeup remover wipes. I remove my eye make up separately and then my face make up. This makes my skin feel so good after all day wear and tear. Living in NYC, there is so much pollution and guck in the air that the second I get home I just want to wash my face clean! After I cleanse, I usually like to tone and then put on a nighttime moisturizer. I will talk more about my actual routines in my upcoming posts but thats generally what I like to do. 

I recently started to fall in love with the skincare brand Dr. Brandt. He has a lot of different products that work really well with my skin. I haven't tried something that I don't like. Lately, I've been really wanting to use products that will brighten my skin up and allow more of a natural glow. I saw that Dr. Brandt has a Glow set that has the nighttime daytime moisturizers. The overnight renewal treatment is said to time-release retinol complex to promote radiance from within. At night is when your skin regenerates new skin cells and using a product like this one will help get that product into your skin as fast as possible. It helps with diminishing the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and enlarged pores. Along with the night cream, this kit comes with a Ruby Crystal retinol hydracréme which has little skin illuminators in it and it creates a glow to your skin that will help the appearance of your skin overtime. This day cream provides a smoother surface which helps when you apply your foundation or bb cream since it gives you a smooth surface to work with. Since these products have retinol on it, I use SPF 20 or more just to make sure that my skin doesn't get dried out for the time that I am in the sun. If I know that I am going to be out in the sun all day like at the beach or something, I do not apply this product. I haven't ever had a bad reaction to retinol and I think it's because my skin is so oily, it creates sort of a barrier on my skin and it helps my skin not have bad reactions to these different products.

If your skin is more sensitive, I would recommend trying this product once a week at first to get your accustomed the retinol unless you use something else that has retinol in it. Its better safe than sorry since retinol can really burn your face if you aren't accustomed to it. A little tingling is okay, its when the tingle is completely unbearable that you have to be careful with. Anyway, I've been using this set for about a month now and I love it. I can see my face glow. Not like glow in the dark but definitely it has this glow that is just amazing. My foundation goes on so much easier and I can feel the night cream work better as well. This retails anywhere from $65-70 which is not cheap. I know this isn't cheap but I bought this on +Groupon so I got it for half price. You can either find these separately or in a set. I got the set but probably will get the single once I see if one or the other runs out first. I recommend this to anyone who  is looking for a higher end product. If you don't want to dish out the money without knowing how you are going to react to the product, I recommend you going to +Sephora and ask for a sample of these. At least you get to try the products first to make sure its a good fit for you.

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment