Monday, April 21, 2014

IMATS Review Day 1

For everyone that knows me or follows me on one of the social outlets like Twitter, Instagram or Facebook knows I went to IMATs 2 weekends ago. It was an amazing experience. It was in Pier 92 here in NYC and the weather that weekend was just amazing. It started at 8:30am so I got there around 8am to make sure that I have enough time to do everything. Once the doors opened it was chaos. We got in and all the booths were just all around. I went from one side to another. There were a couple of booths that were like the main ones which were +Sigma Beauty+NYX Cosmetics+Lime Crime, and Stila Cosmetics. They were all showcasing a lot of new products and also giving discounts to their merchandise. I immediately went around to scope the place out. I loved everything. I saw a lot of people doing things like body paint art and also movie set cosmetics like the monsters and things of that sort. 

I already knew I wanted to buy certain products so the first day I went immediately to the different products that I'd been wanting but didn't want to buy on Ebay. One of the products I wanted to buy was the Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder. I'm sure you've all seen the +Kim Kardashian picture that she shows how her makeup artist contours her face. Well this was accomplished by using different contouring techniques but one thing he uses to brighten her face is the banana powder. Its sort of like a setting powder and since it has the yellow tint, it reduces the redness and also brightens the skin while setting your foundation. This bigger bottle which would probably last me at least a year or 2 retailed for $15. 


The other thing that I was really gung ho about was a lipstick sealer. I saw a video on +Refinery29  and the makeup artists said that you can use a lipstick sealer to make sure that your lipsticks stays on all night and those types of things. The one that he showed was +Lipchic Lipstick Sealer which when searching was really only available for professionals at a reasonable price. I was able to pick up the normal size bottle for $10 which I thought was great because on EBay I saw it for $30. I've used this several times and I like it.You have to let the sealer dry before you put your lips together but after its set, your lips are good to go. I do think you need touch ups at least once if you are going to use it for like 8hrs but honestly thats more than I can say about a lot of my lipsticks because they usually come off the instant I drink my first sip of coffee.

After those 2 things I really wanted to get a couple of the +Sigma Beauty brushes so I had to stand in line for about 45 mins. While there I was able to meet some pretty nice girls and we swapped makeup tips which was awesome. I got a contouring brush and the flat kabuki brush which can be used for foundation. After I got out of that line, I ran into the best part of IMATS. I ran into Nicole from +Nicole YoungWildandPolished +Young Wild and Polished. I am not a groupie or anything other than for +Ricky Martin but I have to say when I saw her, it was just like "Oh hey girl!! How are you?? So long no speak!" I felt like I had already known her since I'm obsessed with her Youtube videos. It was pretty awesome. She is so nice. I think it was nice to see that she's as cool in person as she is in videos. She's super tall as she says but all in all I think it was a great experience to meet her. I was really happy that she knew who I was as well. I loved it. +Nicole YoungWildandPolished if you are reading this, you are great and I love all your videos! Keep on doing what you're doing! Also remember my invite always stands, whenever you miss NYC too much for comfort, let me know you are always welcomed.

I bought some other things from +NYX Cosmetics like their dark circle corrector which I love. I also got some baked blushes and an eyebrow pencil. Other than that all I did was walk around, meet different people, looked a a bunch of different products to see what's out there in the market. It's really cool to see some things up close and also be able to play, sample and touch products that you've probably been reviewing and looking into but not sure if you'd like them. All in all, my experience was amazing. I'd definitely go back next year. Tomorrow I will be reviewing day two. 

Let me know if you've been to IMATS before, which one and did you love it?

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment