Tuesday, April 22, 2014

IMATS Review Day 2



Hey hey, thanks for coming back for day 2 of the IMATS review! I decided to go back the second day but not be a door buster. I was up the night before the whole night just playing with all my make up, trying on new different looks and just playing. I couldn't just fall asleep so after I came from church, I decided to go straight to IMATS. The one thing on my mind today was +Lime Crime. This is sort of like an indy brand. They are more "out there" with crazy non-neutral colors and I think they made a name for themselves by being probably the only company that can do matted lipsticks right. They have this products called Velvetines. They started off with a red color which is just your perfect, classic matte red lip. I'd seen a lot about this company on Instagram and how all the girls were just raving about how great the lipstick is so I was like, well I'm here at IMATS and they are on sale because like most other places, they were giving a discount. I was sure I wanted their Velvetine lipstick which is the liquid matte lipstick. They have about 6 colors now but 3 of them include goth colors like black, brown and a maroon/brownish color. I knew I wasn't going to get those. I thought the red velvet one is very dupe-able so I figured I'd go for the Suedeberry or pink velvet.
I arrived at IMATS around 12pm and 
the Lime Crime line was out the door. I knew from the day before that the line wasn't going to get any shorter so instead of walking in, I went immediately to the like and began to wait. I was on that like for about 2 hrs. I met some really nice girls and we swapped stories and tips of sorts. I finally got up to the register and the girl was very helpful. I told her I wanted the Pink Velvet lipstick and then I also got one of their Opaque lipsticks in the color Geranium which is more of a coral pink type color but not the same formula. Its more of a creamy color but the same gorgeous pigmented color. I now regret not picking up the other 2 wearable Velvetines but I will definitely be purchasing soon. 

After standing in that line, I went back to NYX to get some more blushes and pick up the Wonder Pencil which can be use to prime or highlight anything. I use it specifically for the inner part of my bottom lid which helps make your eyes appear more open and more awake. Another thing that I was able to get was a free Beauty Blender which I ended up giving back since the girl that was there working with them was a total bitch. She was really rude and completely ruined that experience for me. I barely use my Beauty Blender anymore because I don't want to feel like I'm promoting them. Moving on, one of the things I actually did want to talk about was a face sponge that I picked up. It is called
Konjac Sponge for Oily face. This is a face sponge to wash your face. I kept seeing it and I decided hey for $5 what can I lose. It is said to help remove makeup and purify the skin. The one I got is targeted towards people with Oily Skin so this one helped removed excess oil but not stripping your skin to the point where your skin becomes dry. After reading about it online, I've realized that this is a japanese type product. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I have to say that my skin is looking amazing. Now, I am not sure if its all because if the sponge but its definitely not hurting it. I like how it feels on my skin. It says you can use it alone but I often like to add a little bit of cleanser so that skin gets some extra benefits from the cleanser I use. 

These are basically all the things I purchased and wanted to share them. If you want me to review any of the NYX stuff I bought, let me know. I am glad I decided to go this year and will most definitely be back next year. I learned a lot of different cool tips about makeup application from the seminars that they were having in the different stages and I was able to meet a lot of different, amazing girls. Hope you enjoyed reading about my experience and if you have any questions, let me know!


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment