Thursday, April 17, 2014

Night Time Routine

Since I spoke about my morning skincare review yesterday it's only fair that I give you a rundown of what I do at night. My nighttime routine is a little but more complex but it's still easy and I think once you get the hang of it, you will see that it's an easy routine to adhere to. 

I start off by getting home and using facial wipes to take my makeup off. At the moment I am using Botanics Cleansing Face Wipes All Bright and I just started using them. I know I hauled it a while back but I was still finishing up my other pack of face wipes. So I've been using this now for about 1 week and I can see a difference in my face. Now, I am not sure if all the brightening effects are just coming from these wipes since I've been using other brightening agents in my routine that have roughly started around the same time. I also use a special eye wipe to remove my eye make up. I haven't been able to give a full review in this product but I will soon because I've been using them for over a month now. The eye wipes are the Simple Eye Make-Up Remover Pads. I like these wipes because I use a lot of eye makeup especially with tight lining with waterproof liner or using waterproof mascara. I want to make sure that I am able to remove everything. I also got LASIK last year so I want to make sure that I can take my eye makeup off gently. 

Once my makeup is completely removed, I usually put a mask on. I rotate between around 7 different masks. I can do a review on all the masks I use. At least once or twice a week I use H2O Plus Sea Mineral Mud Mask. This mask is a ocean blue and it tingles on my face which I like because I feel like it's actually working on my skin. This is a clay mask and it stains any wash cloth you use to remove it so beware. Once this mask dries completely, I usually do other things like pick up my house from my morning getting ready, I feed my puppy, Pistachio Francesco or just catch up on emails or my other social media outlets. After this dries I usually just go take a shower and while I'm in there I will wash the mask off and take a cleanser and use my +Clarisonic. I warn you that if you have sensitive skin, a clay mask and then exfoliating daily is probably not the best for you but I have pretty damage free skin so I can so this routine. The cleanser I use is either Borghese Facial soap bar or since I got a sample recently I am using First Aid Beauty polishing cleanser. I used it for the first time last night and I have to say that this cleanser is really good. I already have the full size in my Sephora cart to remember to buy it. It has a menthol effect to it so you can feel you skin cooling. I like that sensation on my skin. 

After that I'm done with washing my face and I let it air dry a bit. Once it's almost completely dry, I mix my moisturizer with a self tanning oil. Okay I know this sounds weird so I'm going to lay it out for you.  At the moment I am using my Dr. Brandt Overnight renewal retinol cream and with that I'm now using Clarins Radiance Glow. I will review this product completely soon but basically it is a an oil and what you are suppose to so is mix 3 drops of the product into your moisturizer and blend it into your face, neck and chest. I just started this into my routine so once I do the full review, I can give you more details but the reviews on this product is ridiculous. It is a new products from Clarins and I trust the brand so I figured I'd give it a try. 

Once I finish with my face, I go in add eye cream to my eyes. I use the same eye cream from Loreal Eye Defense from my morning routine. I probably should get a different night one which has more powerful agents but for now I like this one. I add a lash serum that I found in the drugstore and its from Wet & Wild, nothing fancy and then after that I just put lip balm from Nuxe that I hauled a while back. Other than that I just put some lotion on my hands and go to bed. Now, my bedroom, I sleep with a humidifier, its said that keeping the air humid will keep your skin plump so it will help your skin from wrinkling. Another thing that I sleep with every night is a silk pillowcase. I read somewhere that cotton pillow cases not only wrinkle your skin but that they also break your hair. I sleep with my face to my pillow, I try to sleep with my head elevated and on my back but it just doesn't work. I sleep on my side so this pillow case is suppose to help the signs of aging. My is from Amazon and they have so many different colors, why not try it.

This is my bedtime/night routine!! Hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you do religiously before you go to bed. I'd love to hear from you!!

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment