Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nuxe Rêve de Miel® Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm Review

One of my favorite Youtubers is +Amelia Liana and I love it because she is based out of the UK and always reviews stuff that are more popular over there and not so popular over here in the US but surprisingly, we are able to get a lot of those things here in NYC. One of the videos that she posted was a haul video from her trip to France. There were a lot of different things that she talks about and one of her holy grail type product was this Nuxe Rêve de Miel® Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm. She raves about it and how it makes your lips super soft and great. Since this year since NYC has been going through a never ending winter season, my lips have been really chapped and my regular Carmex isn't really doing it for me anymore. I definitely needed something better. I was going to get the Bite Agave Lip Mask because I saw my other favorite Youtuber +Nicole YoungWildandPolished reviewed it and she loved it. I figured that was what I needed since my lips have been just really bad. After seeing the Amelia Liana video, I was sucked into the Nuxe lip balm so I went to Duane Reade to see if it was available and the first one was sold out but when I went downtown, I saw it in a Walgreens! I was stoked.

This is said to be one of France's most coveted drugstore brands and over in France is a cult favorite. The box it comes in says it has been tested in extremely cold weather conditions in Canada and even in that cold weather, users said that it excelled at restoring comfort and moisture, while leaving your lips feeling super soft and protected from the dehydrating effects of your daily life. I used it that night before I went to bed because I learned from Amelia that its what she does, so why not just stick to tradition, lol. The lip balm is thick but not too thick that you can't wear it during the day. It has a citrus smell to it and it isn't balmy glossy. Once you put it on, it has a matte finish to it which I love. This balm immediately moisturizes your lips and doesn't rub off easily. In the morning you can still feel faints on it on your lips which I like because then I know its working. I was able to find this in Walgreens downtown NYC and it retails for about $18 which is a lot for a lip balm but my lips were severely chapped an no regular products were working.  If you want to splurge, I definitely recommend this product and I will see if I can find some drugstore dupes for those who do not want to spend $18 on this. But again, the Bite Agave mask, is basically the same thing and retails for $38 so this is a lot cheaper than that product. 

Do you have anything that you use as a night routine that have turned into your 'can't live withouts?' Let me know! 


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitter, Facebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment