Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tips for Tea Tree Oil

Once and a while I love to give home remedy type beauty tips. There are so many natural remedies out there that its hard to not use them. I've noticed that a lot of these types of remedies are usually 'old wives tales' but actually they work. My dad told me about how to use Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to whiten my teeth and I also use it to whiten my nails. I wrote about it in one of my past posts. I also believe that your skin reacts to the food you eat so if you have acne prone skin, I recommend taking a deeper look at what type of foods you eat and anything bad for you also probably isn't good for your skin. I recommend swapping things out and also make sure you are keeping up on your water intake. If you do this and still have bad acne, go to the doctor. 


Growing up in Puerto Rico, I used to go to the beach every weekend for like 5 months straight. Sometimes during the first few months going back to the beach after the long break of 'winter months' I would get sunburned if I went overboard and didn't really protect my skin which I never did when I was younger. There were times that I had horrible sunburns but one time I had gotten the worse one was one time I laid out and I guess the sun was REALLY bad that day and I ended up with blisters on my arm. Forget about the pain, once you put aloe on it the pain went away. I was more worried about days after when it cleared that I was going to get scars. This would have sucked since it was on my arm in plain view any time I wear short sleeves. My dad told me to put Tea Trea Oil on it every night. At first, I really didn't think anything was happening but by the end of 2 weeks the scar that could have formed was gone. I then went all crazy. I put it on a scar that I had on my knee and it helped minimize the marks as well. I was in love with this magic oil. 


I started reading up on other possible uses for this magic oil and I saw that you can put a few drops of this into your shampoo and conditioner to clarify your hair of any build up. A lot of people don't think that their hair has build up maybe because they don't color their hair or that they don't use a lot of product in their hair but that isn't the only thing that causes build up. You can get build up with hard water. It is always good to wash your hair once a month or depending on how many times you wash your hair you can do it either once a week or twice a week or even once a month. As long as you are doing it frequently you should be good. 

Those are what I use Tea Tree Oil for but you can also use it for cuts, burns, skin infections and other things like that. Before you use it, just google some stuff and see if its okay to use. But all in all its like coconut oil, you can basically use it for everything. Let me know if you use this for anything specific?

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment