Tuesday, June 17, 2014

PETER THOMAS ROTH FIRMx™ Peeling Gel

Before I went on vacation I read about this mask on some of the blogs that I read on a regular basis. It was one of those free samples when you bought something in +Sephora and I thought it would be good to try since the reviews I read were amazing. Okay so just to hear about the brand-- Peter Thomas Roth is a great higher end skincare line that you can find in +Sephora and I believe +ULTA Beauty. Lately, I've really been into peels. I really liked the Dr Dennis Gross and I even got my mom addicted to that one. Its really good because its one that doesn't really sting your skin and you don't really feel it burning or anything when you use it but you do feel a difference and you can see a difference. 


When I first say this mask, I wasn't really super excited to try this because I didn't think this was something that was going to work too well. I read the packaging and it says that this is a peel that is in a gel form that visibly rolls, lifts, sweeps away dead skin cells when massaged into skin. I had a feeling that this was going to be a little too strong for my skin because I am only 29 and I don't have those crazy wrinkles as of yet. When looking into the ingredients, this peel has multiaction enzymes which are natural like pomegranate, pineapple and keratinase. There is also cellulose in it that effectively peels and helps uncover the first layer of skin which will make you skin smooth, fresh and have a new complexion without drying, irritate or cause undue stress to your skin. After all this peeling all you are left with is youthful and radiant looking skin. 

I decided to give it a try at first the liquid is like it said a gel but more of a watery gel and you smooth it over your skin. The instructions say to leave it on from 1-5 minutes so I left it on for 5 minutes and then you begin to rub it into your face with circular motions and immediately you see that something is rubbing off. It doesn't look like skin or anything. It looks like the actual gel is just balling up and nothing really crazy. It doesn't sting or anything. Once I rubbed my face for about a minute, I washed it off. I was ready to be disappointed because honestly nothing really happened. Then I dried my skin and felt it smoother than it was before. My nose didn't feel like it had blackheads in it. My cheeks were smoother. I was pleasantly surprised on how gentle this was. Gentle to me usually means ineffective so when I actually felt results, I was surprised. 

This retails for $48 and you can find it in +Sephora or +ULTA Beauty in-stores and online. I definitely think its a great peel for all ages. Its gentle so I think its great for those who have sensitive skin since it was really gentle on my skin. 

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!


No comments:

Post a Comment