Sunday, June 15, 2014

TOO FACED Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick

As you know, I am totally in love with bold lips this season. The matted lip is probably my favorite. I was a bit skeptical when I saw that +Too Faced Cosmetics came out with a Long Wear Lipstick that came in a container that looked like a gloss. I definitely didn't want a lippy that was glossy and sticky and bold. That would turn out to be a hot mess. I waiting for a while to buy this product which is why my review is a bit late. 

I saw some reviews of this product from my Twitter Biffie +Nicole YoungWildandPolished and when she swatched them I saw that they weren't as glossy as I thought. You can't squeeze the whole thing on your lips but it does give you good coverage if you just pat it on your lips. I have a lot of pink lipsticks so I knew I didn't want to get that color. I wanted to see if I was daring enough for the orange coral color that they have but it looks like it just won't fit my skin color no matter if I'm tanned or not. I decided to go for the Melted Violet color which as its name is a purple color. Now this is not purple like +MAC Cosmetics Heroine but its brighter more of a Summer purple color. 

The minute I swatched it on my hand, I fell in love. I knew this would be one of my new favorite colors. I immediately bought it and since I was going on vacation I decided to make this my signature color for the trip. Yes everyone here definitely made a point to tell me how bright my lips were but hey isn't that what a bold lip is all about? I think I pulled the color off especially since I was tanned. More about the lipstick-- it is in a lipgloss casing. You will notice that even the applicator is more of a lipgloss case and when you squeeze it out, you think its going have a glossy finish but I learned that if you don't go overboard and just squeeze enough to coat your lips, it stays more matte than glossy. This color definitely lasts for a while but not something I personally would call 'long wearing' but all in all its easy to apply and it doesn't dry your lips like a lot of other lipsticks out there that are either long wearing or matte. 

I recently raved about the +Revlon ColorBalms in the Matte finish and at first they are great but if you use them on a daily basis you will notice that they are a bit drying. You definitely have to make sure to exfoliate your lips and then apply the matte coloring and then you should be good. But back to the +Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Lippies they retail for $21 and you can buy them in +Sephora and +ULTA Beauty  or anywhere you can find +Too Faced Cosmetics. They come in 6 colors ranging from Nudes to Purple and not all are bold colors, you can definitely find one that isn't all out there bold lip. 

Have you tried these yet? Do you have a favorite?

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment