Monday, June 30, 2014

Ipsy June Bag 1

As you know its this time of month to review my Ipsy bags. If you wanted to sign up, you can do so here. Every month they have a theme and since we are in summer the theme for this month was Pretty in Paradise. One of the best things this month was the actual bad. They partnered with Rebecca Minkoff. I was really excited to see what was in my bag this month. The bag is black with a red zipper and it has pineapple designs on it. Its in a satin material which makes it pop and with red liner its a really nice bag to have in your purse when you go out. 

In no particular order, I am just going to go down the list of what I received. First item that opened was the Be A Bombshell Lash Out mascara. I am always happy to get a mascara. I opened it immediately and saw that the wand didn't seem to be something so out there so I was a little skeptical with the "Lash Out" in the name. I did use it and yes, it does work well but have to say that I am a little disappointed especially since other items that I've tried from this brand, I've loved. This one wasn't something I was expecting from this brand. This retails for $15 and you can get it on the +Be A Bombshell Cosmetics  website. 

The next item I got was DERMAdoctor DD Cream Dermatologically Defining BB Cream with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and this is something I always love receiving. Its a BB cream and this DERMAdoctor brand is amazing. It's really good to have a makeup brand that is also good for your skin and this is just one of those brands that combines both makeup and skincare perfectly. This BB cream has 30 SPF and I've worn this already. I think its a bit oily for me but if I use a mattifying primer, this is perfect. This was a deluxe sample but a regular size retails for $38 so I was happy that I was able to get a sample. Not sure if I would buy this on my own since it was a bit oily for me but I do enjoy that I was able to try it out.



Third product that was in the bag was a hair product. Sometimes I am not too into having hair products but this one was something I was excited to try since its summer. Its Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach spray. This is a spray that you put in your hair so that you can get those nice beachy waves especially for the summer. Its easy to just wash your hair, put the spray in your hair and let it air dry. If you are pressed for time, you can definitely opt for a diffuser which is that big attachment that no one knows what to do with. This retails for around $9 and it's a drugstore brand which I love. I am not a fan of the smell but its doable for the price. It's like the beach but I feel it could be a little bit more of a coconut sweet smell.



The fourth product I received was an eyeliner. It is the Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner. I received it in the green color. I am not for one with liquid eyeliner meaning at all. I don't like the way it applies, I am impatient with the drying but I do have to say that I love the color of this one. I would have loved for this to be more of a pencil liner than a liquid none the less, this had more of a felt tip and it was long lasting. This liner retails for $4.99 and its a great deal for a liner that lasts this long. I swatched it on my hand and realized that I really needed to scrub for it to come off.


The last product that I received was the NYX Butter Gloss and this lipgloss is great. Surprisingly, I've never tried this gloss because I don't think I've ever seen a color that I found appealing but when I get it in a bag then I am more than willing to try it out. I was really happy to have gotten the pinkish color. Its a pale pink which goes on very nude color but has a hint of color to it. Its a great color to add on top of a pink or nude color to add a glossy top. It claims to not be sticky but I have to say it is a bit thick and my hair gets stuck on my lips because of the lipgloss so thats a bit of a turn off. I do like that I got to try this but I am happy that I didn't spend money on this. It retails for $6 and you can get them in most drugstores and Target/Walmarts.

All in all this was a great bag. I was happy for the actual bag that the makeup came in so its always good to have that since I use them on a daily basis to put my cosmetics in my purse. I still recommend Ipsy bags and think if you haven't tried it yet, you should still try at least one month. Its only $10 and you can cancel at any time.

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!


No comments:

Post a Comment