Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Loreal Excellence Creme Red Richesse in Dark Mahogany Red

Every so often I decide to write about hair care. The reason why I don't write about it so much is because my hair is just there. I have really long hair and I have it cut in layers. I've had my hair this way for years. I basically don't really do much to my hair because I think it looks good the way it is and I don't want to mess with it. For when I feel like I need to change things up I usually go for a new color. Lately, I've been dying my hair with Henna Dye from Lush in Caca Rouge which is the red color that they have. I've been loving it. But if you read my post you would know that the application is very time consuming. In the winter, this is great since you usually stay inside but now that its summer I started realizing that my hair started to look really dry on the ends. I had recently gotten my haircut so I knew it wasn't that but didn't matter what I did, my hair was just gross looking. I decided that I needed to dye my hair again and I went to the +LUSH Cosmetics in Herald Square is now permanently closed. I was appalled and honestly didn't have time to go to the one in Union Square but my hair needed to get colored so I went to the good ole drugstore! 

I look around and first started to look at what was on sale and I settled on the Loreal Excellence Creme Rich Richesse in Dark Mahogany Red. This color is a true brown red color. I've used this brand before and I knew that I would like this. It usually conditions my hair really well too. I only bought 2 boxes even though my hair is really long but I've learned how to be able to cover my whole head with just 2 boxes. When dying your hair at home you want to remember a couple of things. You want to make sure that you use either chap stick or vaseline on the border of your hairline because you want to make sure that the color does not stain your skin. Also I first recommend to cover your roots and then work your way down to the roots. Its also good to make sure that you have a comb so that you can comb the color down to your ends. Once you've colored your hair wrap your hair in a bun and you can either leave open or cover it with a shower cap or something. You wait the appropriate amount of time and then you wash it out. 

When washing it out, just make sure to rinse your hair until the water is clear. This will take a long time because there is a lot of product in there and my hair is really long. Once I got the product all out, I went on and blow dried it. The end color was gorgeous. It is like a cranberry brownish red. It's definitely red, you will notice in the run right away that your hair is red but not Little Mermaid type red. It's gorgeous. This hair color retails for about $8.99 but I got it on sale for $5.99 and personally I love this brand. I'd definitely repurchase.

Do you dye your hair at home? Let me know what products you use. Leave comments below!

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment