Friday, June 13, 2014

Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm

LIPSTICK REVIEW!!! These are probably my most favorite reviews other than skincare. Its because I am just in love with lipstick. I am fearless because at the end of the day, its just lipstick. there is no need to think "is this color too much?" why not wear the bold lip-- who cares! It does help the fact that I live in New York City and I always feel like here you can do no wrong with anything whether its clothes or makeup. You can't look crazy here in New York. I guess I am more daring here than I am in Puerto Rico just because here in NY its a different style but rest assured whenever I go to Puerto Rico, I wear my bold lipsticks and OWN IT! A lot of my friends especially +Madeline Mulero think its great that I have the guts to pull off MAC Heroine or LimeCrime Pink Velvet. I have to say, I just wear them, thats it. I don't really think about it. Now you can't really go all crazy and have a smokey eye and a bold lip if you are just going to work. I balance it out with just mascara and maybe a liner and thats it. My eyes are usually downplayed so that my lips can pop. 


I went to the drugstore and I wanted to see what Lipsticks I can for a recent trip I took to Puerto Rico and when I look for lipsticks, I want something on the matted finish and if it has any shine I would go for the satin finish but other than that, I am not a fan of gloss. I think they look kind of messy on your lips. When I think good drugstore lipsticks, I go straight to Loreal or +Revlon. I've been eyeing the Revlon Color Burst Matte balm lip crayons and I decided to take the plunge. I went for the color UnApologetic. This color is a great vibrant coral, raspberry pink color. It is gorgeous! It goes on smooth and immediately you feel that it has like a chapstick minty feeling which is nice. Nothing tingly like if it were to plump your lips but a regular chapstick feeling. The color is vibrant which I like. I am excited to wear it when I am in Puerto Rico and have a tan. This color is probably a little bit of a dupe for +NARS Satin Crayon in Lohdi but the Revlon is more vibrant and not as muted. 

This retails from around $7-9 depending on where you get it. I recommend maybe waiting until you can get it on sale but either way I think these lipsticks are worth it. I will definitely go back and get more. You can get these in most drugstores and other stores like Walmart or Target.

Have you tried this lipstick? Comment below and let me know which ones you love?

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment