Monday, June 2, 2014

Formula X Nail Polish Review

I went to +Sephora  the other day it's practically a regular occurrence for me and in the Sephora near my house, they know me by name. I went on my regular browser ing
through the the isles and looking at all the different products. I usually like seeing the front displays because that's usually their new stuff. They are really pushing the nail polish sections I guess because nail art has been really popular lately so a lot of people have been buying more. In the past Sephora had a contract with OPI and they had that line of nail polish there. I guess recently OPI didn't renew their contract so they went with another brand. The new brand is called formula X this brand has a lot of different colors, it's really vibrant and has a lot of different glitters. A lot of people are into holographic glitter lately and this brand has a lot of them. After doing my rounds and walking around looking at the different brands and what's new what's hot in the makeup industry, I just went around the back where they have the skincare products so I can look at that new products and see if there's anything that tickles my fancy especially since I am a
diehard skincare fan. While doing that I came across another representative at Sephora and her nails caught my eyes. I proceeded to ask her what nail polish she has on and she went ahead and showed me that it was the formula X. The two colors she used were a light milky pink kind of like Essie Fiji and a holographic pink silver glitter. This color duo was gorgeous! It was girly and edgy all at the same time. I don't know why I was so drawn to it but I bought the two colors. The pink was called Translucent Wondrous  and the glitter top coat was called Brilliant Fine Like Einstein. These colors retail for $10-13 and for nail polish it's not cheap but not the most expensive. If you are like me who is a complete nail freak this is a great buy.

On to the actual nail polish it has a flawless application. The pink color needed 2 coats and it was an easy application nothing too goopy and it didn't streak like most light colors do. I let the pink dry completely and then added the glitter top coat. I added two coats of that as well so that it's more of a glitter polish and isn't just a top coat. I didn't want any of the milky pink to show through. I topped it with a topcoat and went on my way. This polish lasts! It didn't chip and with the glitter it made my nails stronger so I was happy to be able to wear it for a longer amount of time. I really think this polish is a great buy. It's wearability and the way the formula just goes on with a breeze makes it a pleasure to do your nails!

Try them out and let me know! Hope this helps you if you were thinking about getting this brand! 


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment