Sunday, March 30, 2014

Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser & Scrub Review

Back to skincare since we all can use a great new cleanser. I have oily skin as you know if you have been reading my blog, I have large pores as well. I don't have severe acne but I do break out occasionally. Its bad because when the breakout heals, it leaves a dark spot which I forever try to even out until it eventually does. For the last few months, my breakouts have been down to a bare minimum, I mean close to nothing (knocking on wood while I type this) so I decided to fight other areas of my skin that I would like to see change so I went to the local drugstore which for me is Duane Reade and I set out to look for a pore minimizing cleanser. I had my heart set on Neutrogena brand because I figured that wouldn't break me out while minimizing my pores but I guess I had something else in mind because the only thing they had was a scrub which I really didn't want since I use my +Clarisonic  every night. While looking through the aisle the Oil of Olay section caught my eye and it was because they have a whole line of new products. Good job +olay  marketing! The packaging is all floral and Spring-y and I immediately picked up and started reading the labels. I saw one that was geared to minimizing pores. I saw it was a scrub but I was so intrigued by the new packaging I was okay with it. 

So I've been using this cleanser for about a month now and I figured its a good time to give you an honest review on the product. So the packaging in general is a pump no screw on or anything and the bottom lifts up because its sort of like vacuumed so you don't really need to worry about wasting the product. Once you pump it out you immediately you get smell of floral. It is very strong but I love it. I either use the Clarisonic or just my fingers to massage it into my face and once I've massaged it and I cleansed my skin, I let the water remove all the suds and my face is left smooth. Now, I am not sure if my pores are minimizing but I do like the way it leaves my skin. Its soft and I love the smell. I am not sure if I would be repurchasing since it doesn't do what its states that it does, pore minimizing. This retails for about $6.99 and even though its not a bad cleanser, I wouldn't recommend it.


Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitter, Facebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment