Saturday, April 26, 2014

John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss

If you've been reading my posts you know that I love +LUSH Cosmetics and I use the Henna hair dye. I use the Caca Rouge color which is a red henna dye. Now in my blog post,  you can see the extent of the process but its a process for sure. I wanted to see if there was something that I can put in my hair that wasn't permanent since I do not want to dye my hair with chemicals anymore. The henna is permanent and its natural so I prefer the henna dye.


I saw a commercial of this colour refreshing gloss and I thought, can't hurt to try it. I saw that they had about 3 or 4 colors ranging from black, brown, light brown and red. I obviously got the red color. Just like all hair dyes, the box shows the "if your hair is this color, this is what your color will be after" so I saw and I figured from a faded red it would be a nice deep burgundy red. So I was really excited to put this in my hair. The instructions say to just wash your hair normally with shampoo and conditioner and then the ring it out to make sure that the excess water isn't there. The instructions do not tell you to wear gloves but the first time I put it in my hair, I wore them anyway. The consistency of this stuff is gel like. Its bright red and smells like berries which is cool. I started to put the color on my ends and my hair is so long that I use more than the recommended dosage to make sure it was all covered. I put it all the way until I hit the crown of my head where they said to just do middle of the hair to the ends. I went up a bit more but not my roots. The instructions say to leave it in for about 3 minutes. I left it in my hair for a total of 10 minutes so I was really trying to get as much color as possible. I wasn't afraid of the color because it wasn't permanent so eventually it would fade out. 

After washing it out, I saw that the color was rinsing out so I really thought that it was
working. I was excited to rinse it out and immediately blow dry my hair. My hair smelled really good and it was definitely softer. Unfortunately, when I finished drying my hair, there was absolutely no difference in the color of my hair. I didn't see anything. I had the red fade faster on the ends because I had ombré but with all that the color didn't change. I had really high hopes for this because John Frieda is usually good. Most products are really good and this gloss retails for $14 so I figured it would work better than just as a good smelling conditioner. After my experience with this, I wouldn't recommend this but if you would like to try this,I advise that you wear gloves. I used it once without gloves and my hands were bloody red. It looked like I was making wine. Side note: if this does happen to you-- you can fix by using baking soda and peroxide. Mix it together and rub into the areas that are stained.

Have you tried this before? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe my hair doesn't work? Any suggestions, let me know!

Thanks for reading and follow me on all my social Outlets InstagramTwitterFacebook and Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment